Correctional Health Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist- Limited Term (Open)
Note: This job announcement was amended on October 9, 2016 to update the salary.
The San Mateo County Health System is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Correctional Health Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist-Limited Term.
There are currently several limited-term vacancies in Correctional Health Services located in Redwood City.
These PSW/MFT positions provide clinical mental health services to inmates with mental illness or co-occurring disorders of mental illness and chemical dependency; provide case management services; provide discharge planning; interviews inmate patients to assess mental health needs and formulates treatment plans; exercise good judgment and tact when interacting with inmate patients and other service providers; relate and communicate effectively with inmate patients and others from the diverse multi-cultural community served; function as a team member in a multi-disciplinary work setting; work independently and as a team member; and collaborate with Sheriff's Office staff to manage inmate patients' daily activities. Will work with various professionals involved with the court system, including probation officers, attorneys, case managers and other treatment providers, and develop treatment plans for seriously mentally ill inmates. Some positions require weekend and evening hours.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A license as either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist;
- Experience working in a correctional facility;
- Experience providing case management services for an inmate population;
- Demonstrated ability in providing clinical mental health services to an adult population with serious mental illness or co-occurring disorders of serious mental illness and chemical dependency; and
- Working with a diverse multi-disciplinary team and inmate population.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
PSW/MFT I: $32.30 - $40.38/hour
PSW/MFT II: $36.23 - $45.29/hour
These are limited term, at-will positions. Limited Term Employees are assigned to assignments not to exceed 3 years. They receive medical and dental benefits, similar to regular employees, and a defined contribution retirement plan.
Security Clearance: This position requires that the applicant obtain and maintain a security clearance as a condition of employment.
PSW I - current California registration as a Clinical Social Worker Associate (ASW).
MFT I - current California Registration as a Marriage and Family Therapist intern (IMF). Individuals hired in these classifications must become licensed within three years from the date of employment as a Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist by the State of California.
PSW-II - current California license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
MFT II - current California license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT).
If you are interested in being considered for an extra help position the following must be submitted via e-mail:
- Copy of valid Registration or License issued by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Responses to supplemental questions
Shivika Dharamrup, Supervising Psychologist
Submit responses to these Supplemental Questions:
- Describe your experience working with seriously mentally ill adult patients, including assessment, counseling and/or therapy services. Specifically cite any experience working with inmates in a correctional facility.
- Describe your experience providing case management services working with seriously mentally ill adult clients. Specifically cite any experience working with inmates in a correctional facility.
- Describe your experience working with adult clients with the co-occurring disorders of mental illness and chemical dependency. Include a description of your efforts to encourage recovery services for them.
Apply immediately. Application materials will be accepted until positions are filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
NOTE: Application materials are only accepted via e-mail. Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted. Submittals that do not include all required elements (Copy of valid registration or license issued by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, responses to supplemental questions and resume) will not be considered.
County of San Mateo is an Equal Opportunity Employer