Fiscal Office Specialist - Limited-Term (Open)
San Mateo County Health is seeking a well-qualified individual for the position of Fiscal Office Specialist - Limited-Term. The current limited-term vacancy is within the County of San Mateo's Health Administration division located in San Mateo, CA.
This position will assist with Accounts Payables for Health Administration, Health IT, and Public Health Policy and Planning divisions using the County's financial system OFAS. Responsibilities include processing/tracking invoices, employee reimbursements, setting up purchase orders, monitoring/tracking contract payments, and other office duties. In addition, this position will be working closely with division liaisons and will inform them of departmental/divisional policies and the accounts payable process.
This is a limited term, at-will position. Limited Term Employees are assigned to assignments not to exceed three years. They receive medical and dental benefits, similar to regular employees, and a defined contribution retirement plan.
- Fiscal document processing and record keeping, bookkeeping and basic governmental accounting principles and practices.
- Basic auditing principles and practices.
- Policies and procedures related to the department or functional area to which assigned.
- Office administrative practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Business data processing principles and the use of personal or on-line computers.
- Business arithmetic.
- Correct English usage and the standard format for typed materials.
- Train others in work procedures.
- Perform technical, specialized, complex or difficult fiscal office support work.
- Prepare, maintain and reconcile various fiscal, accounting, statistical and numerical records.
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate work activities.
- Read, interpret and apply rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform detailed fiscal office support work accurately.
- Operate standard office equipment including a calculator and computer terminal.
- Make accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Use initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Type with sufficient skill to complete forms and enter information into a computer system.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
One year of journey level fiscal office support experience.
If you are interested in being considered for this limited-term position, the following materials must be electronically submitted in a Word or PDF format.
- Cover letter
Please include the words "Fiscal Office Specialist - Limited-Term" in the subject line of the email submission. Please submit the required materials electronically via email to:
Gil Uban, Management Analyst
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply immediately. Resumés will be accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
San Mateo County is an Equal Opportunity Employer