Information Technology Intern III
Description: The Information Services Department at the County of San Mateo is looking to hire an Information Technology Intern to provide world class IT support and customer service to more than 7,000 county employees and contractors. This position will be primarily responsible for resolving trouble tickets and support requests for our Microsoft Office applications and related programs/services.
The position will be located in our Belmont, CA offices. This is a 40 hour per week position. The work schedule will be Monday - Friday during regular business hours.
- Examples Of Duties
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide world-class IT support to more than 7000 licensed Office 365 end-users.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues & incidents
- Coordinate and collaborate with county departments, vendors and service providers as needed
- Assist end-users with routine support requests and trouble tickets via phone, IM, email, etc.
- Create process documentation and training materials for Help Desk staff and end-users
- Other duties as assigned
- 18 years old
- 1 year of experience working in an IT support role (2 years of education can be substituted for 1 year of experience)
- 1 year of experience providing front-line customer service in a professional environment
- Hands-on experience with and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and troubleshoot complex issues
- 2+ years' experience providing IT support and customer service to end users
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and how to manage sites and content
- Working knowledge of the Office 365 suite of Windows desktop applications and the Office 365 online applications and services
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve a wide variety of IT application support incidents and service requests
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Experience creating written process documentation and training materials for end-users
- A work style that is detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to innovate, adapt and grow into increasingly complex roles and environments
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines
This is a continuous recruitment which may close at any time.If you are currently on the County's website, you may click the "Apply Online" button above or below. If you are not on the County's website, please go to http://jobs.smcgov.org to apply. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply immediately, as a selection may be made at any time within the process.
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and those applicants demonstrating the matching skills sets will be invited to an interview.
To be considered for this position please complete the following:
- County Employment Application Form
- Supplemental Questionnaire
- Resume (Word or PDF format)