Intern I - Children's Fund
Overall Job Objective
San Mateo County, CA
Extra Help Seasonal
Human Services Agency
- Job Title/Classification: Intern/Fellow I Children's Fund
Pay Rate: $15 hourly (no benefits)
Part Time Position - Approximately 3.5 months
Location: 1 Davis Drive, Belmont Ca 94002
Job Description: The Children's Fund of San Mateo County is seeking a Part-Time/Temporary intern to assist with our seasonal programs. This position would report directly to the Children's Fund Program Coordinator and assist with the "Costumes for Kids" and "Holiday Gift" programs. Each year over 3,500 costumes and gifts are distributed to low income/foster youth living in San Mateo County. This is a fun, fast paced, hands on position that requires dedication and flexibility to the job.
NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis.
- Examples Of Duties
- Comfortable driving large vehicles, specifically a cargo van to pick up/drop off donations at various locations throughout the county.
- Manage scheduling with donors and establish good working relationships with both internal and external staff
- Work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines
- Create working relationships with the community
- Data entry and inventory tracking in Microsoft excel
- Assist with lifting/ moving items in our warehouse
- Sorting through items donated and tracking incoming donations
- Assist with managing outside volunteers
- Some minimal administrative office work
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience with Microsoft programs
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple task at once
- Must be willing to work some weekends/evenings if needed
- Attention to detail and focused
- How to apply:
Please submit an online application with a copy of your resume.
IMPORTANT: Applications for this position will only be accepted online. If you are currently on the County's website, you may click the "Apply Online" button above or below. If you are not on the County's website, please go to http://jobs.smcgov.org/ to apply.
At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs.The County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.