Medical Office Specialist - Limited Term (Open)
San Mateo County Health is seeking a well-qualified individual for the position of Medical Office Specialist - Limited Term to provide administrative support for various essential pilot functions including Post Mortem Case Conferences, Complex Case Conferences, Housing Committee meetings, incentive tracking, personnel, mobile apps, various surveys, and list management support. This is the technical specialist level that includes the performance of complex, technical or specialized medical office support work requiring the regular use of independent judgment and initiative.
The current vacancy is limited term in the Public Health, Policy and Planning Division's Whole Person Care program. The position is located in San Mateo, but will travel/drive throughout the County to perform duties of the job.
Whole Person Care (WPC) is a new and innovative pilot facilitating the transformation of San Mateo County's service delivery system by working with public and private partners to create efficient and effective processes and programs benefiting our high utilizing and high need Medicaid clients and the experience of staff providing these services.
The WPC pilot's focus is to provide culturally competent patient engagement, activation, care management, and support strategies necessary for complex Health System "High Utilizers" facing substantial barriers to connect with needed medical, social, and housing services. WPC's goal is to improve patients' health and well-being through more efficient and effective use of resources that are not covered by Medi-Cal and by providing the right services, at the right time, at the right place.
- Provide administrative support for various meetings and committees which may include scheduling/coordinating, minutes, agenda, and follow-up with executive and management staff, providers, and care teams
- Provide administrative support for various studies, surveys, list management, analytics, and track incentive items for clients
- Assist supervisor with specific Personnel tasks such as scheduling interviews and email correspondence
- Assist supervisor with projects as needed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience providing administrative and/or office support in a medical/health setting
- Demonstrated experience working independently; ability to prioritize work and meet critical deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to quickly learn new computer programs, mobile applications and other technology
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to take initiative and use sound independent judgment within established guidelines
- Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in written communication
This is a limited term, at-will position. Limited Term Employees are assigned to assignments not to exceed three years. They receive medical and dental benefits, similar to regular employees, and a defined contribution retirement plan. The eligible list generated from this recruitment may be used to fill future extra-help, term, unclassified, and regular classified vacancies.
Information for current county employees: Current and regular San Mateo County Employees who are interested in this assignment must submit an application and compete in the recruitment process. If you are successful in the recruitment and are being considered for the assignment, HR will work directly with you and/or your department for options. Please note that there is no guarantee that you will be allowed by your department to rotate into this assignment nor are your departments obligated to allow you to take on this assignment. The salary range for this position is "as is" and non-negotiable.
If you are interested in being considered for this limited term position the following items must be submitted via e-mail:
- Cover letter with responses to Supplemental Questions (maximum of 2 pages)
- Describe your experience performing administrative duties. Include your title, responsibilities and length of time in position. Be specific.
- Give an example from your work experience that best demonstrates your ability to complete tasks independently with little or no supervision. Be specific.
- Describe your experience working with computers and mobile technology. Include the software and apps in which you are proficient, and the types of documents you have produced. Be specific.
- Describe your experience working with public health information (PHI) or other confidential information. Include your title, responsibilities, type(s) of confidential information, and length of time in position. Be specific.
- Give an example that best demonstrates your ability to successfully resolve an issue you encountered with a superior. Be specific.
Please submit the above listed materials via email to:
Cyrena Row, Administrative Assistant
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply immediately. Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
NOTE: Application materials are only accepted via e-mail. Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted. Submittals that do not include all required elements (cover letter with responses to supplemental questions and a resume) will not be considered.
The County of San Mateo is a diverse, inclusive workplace, where employees are valued and respected for their different perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, and contributions. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.