Physician-Family Practice/Internal Medicine/Pediatrics (Open)
San Mateo Medical Center is a mission-driven, integrated healthcare delivery system focused on continuous quality improvement. If you believe in the power of team-based care and innovation, we want you to be part of our team!
At San Mateo Medical Center, our physicians provide high quality, comprehensive medical care and treatment to a diverse patient population. We have a patient-centered, team based model with an emphasis on prevention of disease, promotion of health, and chronic disease management. We use data to help us focus on and drive improvement. We support provider and staff development and growth. Our clinics include physicians trained in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics.
About San Mateo Medical Center
San Mateo Medical Center is part of the County of San Mateo Health System and is located in San Mateo County, California, just south of San Francisco. We have clinics located around the County where we currently have full- and part-time opportunities to be part of a care team providing continuity care. Our clinics are located in San Mateo (Innovative Care Clinic), Redwood City (Fair Oaks Health Center), Daly City (Daly City Health Center), South San Francisco (South San Francisco Health Center), and Half Moon Bay (Coastside Clinic). Hours are flexible, but may include after hours or weekend shift options, either currently or in the near future. There are pediatric call opportunities, but no call or inpatient responsibilities for adult providers. Read more about the San Mateo Medical Center and our clinics.
Excellent Benefit Package
* Health benefits include family coverage options, health, eye and dental insurance, basic disability, and medical malpractice coverage
* Retirement plans and health benefits for retirees
* Wellness program, including exercise classes, worksite massage, and an onsite gym
* Additional 5% increase in salary for each qualifying board certification up to two (2) Boards
* CME funds ($2500/year) for license/books and other supplies
* Some NHSC loan repayment support available
* Pro-rated 130 hours/full FTE of additional hours that can be used as leave or be cashed out at 50% each spring
* 15% administrative time
* Protected quality improvement project time
Current residents of an accredited Pediatric, Family Practice or Internal Medicine Residency Program may apply prior to graduating from the program. Several San Mateo Medical Center clinics are accredited as National Health Services Corps sites and benefit from scholarships and loan repayment programs through this network. Board Certification or eligibility and enrollment as a provider of Medi-Cal/Medicare are preferred.
Job Announcement Edits: Job description updated on 8/18/16. Compensation info updated on 5/23/16. Recruitment amended to comply with Assembly Bill 218 (Ban the Box) on 6/30/2014. Job title updated on 9/3/2013. Information on positions available and supplemental question regarding residency program updated on 1/25/2012.
- Examples Of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct medical and/or physical examinations and make diagnoses.
- Prescribe appropriate treatment plans and prescribe therapy or rehabilitation programs.
- Provide appropriate therapy to patients.
- Coordinate the work of consulting medical specialists.
- Act as physician member of a multi-disciplinary team for clinical work or program development.
- Train and supervise interns and residents.
- Provide clinical supervision to licensed and professional staff.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of activities.
- Consult and work with other medical and/or mental health professionals in the community when necessary.
- Confer with patients' relatives regarding illness and treatment.
- Maintain records of diagnosis, treatment and prognosis according to Joint Commission of Accredited Hospitals Organization standards and other regulatory agencies; including documenting in Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Develop comprehensive case histories.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- License to practice medicine or osteopathy in the State of California.
- Board certification or Board eligibility in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Adolescent Medicine or a related area is highly desirable.
- Current developments, trends and research in the medical field.
- Basic understanding of clinical supervisory principles and practices.
- Pharmacology and psychopharmacology including laws regarding informed consent, dosage ranges, drug incompatibilities, and side effects.
- Proper documentation of clinical services.
- Principles, practices, and techniques of general medicine and its application.
- Medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Hospitals and Clinics organization.
- Knowledge of communicable disease control.
- Knowledge of public health practices and procedures.
- Diagnose and treat patients.
- Develop and monitor appropriate treatment plans.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families, staff and others.
- Learn and apply laws, statutes, codes and regulations governing California health service providers, and JCAHO and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain medical records and prepare reports.
- Serve on interdisciplinary teams.
- Clinically supervise licensed and professional staff.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Completion of a residency training program approved by the American Medical Association, or two years of clinical experience post internship in an appropriate medical specialty.
Anyone may apply. A supplemental application form must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form. The examination will consist of a panel interview (weight: 100%). This is a continuous recruitment which may close at any time. The final filing date will be posted 5 days in advance in the San Mateo County Human Resources Department.
Depending on the number of applicants, an application appraisal of education and experience may be used in place of other examinations or a screening committee may select those applicants whose education and/or experience appear to best meet the needs of the position. As a result, not all applicants are guaranteed advancement through the selection process. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time and place of the interviews. All interviews will take place in San Mateo County, California and applicants must participate at their own expense.
IMPORTANT: Applications for this position will only be accepted online. If you are currently on the County's website, you may click the 'Apply' button above. If you are not on the County's website, please go to http://jobs.smcgov.org to apply.
Apply immediately. This recruitment is open on a "continuous" basis and selections may be made at any time within the process.
County of San Mateo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Analyst: Kristin Herman (030411) (Staff Physician - F124)
Keywords: child, children, clinical, doctor, health services, medical, medicine, physicians