Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist-Older Adult Mental Health-Chinese Spkg Pref
|Job Title:||Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist-Older Adult Mental Health-Chinese Spkg Pref|
|Salary:||$33.27 - $46.65 Hourly|
$2,661.60 - $3,732.00 Biweekly
$5,766.80 - $8,086.00 Monthly
$69,201.60 - $97,032.00 Annually
|Job Type:||Other (Posting Only)|
|Location:||San Mateo County, California|
The County of San Mateo Health System's Behavioral Health and Recovery Services Division is seeking a well-qualified individual for the position of Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist - in Older Adult System of Integrated Services (OASIS) Mental Health Team- Bilingual Chinese Preferred - Extra Help.
The current vacancy is for Extra Help, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with some flexibility, in the Behavioral Health and Recovery Services Health Department located at 1950 Alameda De Las Pulgas, San Mateo, CA 94403. Clinicians in this position will drive to clients' homes throughout the County, provide transport support if needed, and drive occasionally to meetings and other appointments, so must have current California Driver's license in good standing.
Clinicians will use evidence-based approach to perform assessment, diagnosis, make medical necessity treatment plan, case management, individual therapy, and work with family members of clients' and other community providers for clients' mental health follow-up care needs. These interventions are provided in field setting or in clients' place of residence, and/or as needed to clients who are living in the community. Clinicians are committed to providing medical necessity treatment that supports the clients' goals of independence and self-sufficiency with other service providers' support to continually live in the community with better quality of life. These positions embrace the challenge of providing simultaneous co-occurring treatment for both mental illness and substance use disorders in some cases; to work in an older adult outpatient setting as a member of a multidisciplinary team in collaboration and within the system of care.
PSW/MFT I: 33.27 - $41.59 Hourly
$5,766.80 - $7,208.93 Monthly
PSW/MFT II: $37.32 - $46.65 Hourly
$6,468.80 - $8,086.00 Monthly
NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis. Some extra help positions are eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care Act. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment.
|Examples Of Duties:|
|Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:|
PSW I - current California registration as a Clinical Social Worker Associate (ASW).
MFT I - current California Registration as a Marriage and Family Therapist intern (IMF).
Individuals hired in these classifications must become licensed within three years from the date of employment as a Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist by the State of California.
PSW-II - Current California license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
MFT II - Current California license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT).
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is a Master's degree in Social Work and Counseling or a closely related field.
|If you are interested in being considered for this extra help position, the following materials must be electronically submitted in a Word or PDF format.|
Registration as an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW)
Registration as an Intern-Marriage and Family Therapist (IMF)
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
None of the above-I DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT
2. Provide your California Board of Behavioral Sciences issued registration OR license number AND expiration date for verification.
NOTE: Please be prepared to bring a copy of your current license to the interview or you may attach a copy to your application.
3. Describe your clinical experience working with seriously mentally ill adult or older adult clients providing clinical treatment, assessment, diagnostic, evaluation, therapy, case management, and crisis management. Include your title, the services you provided, and length of experience in months. Be specific.
4. Describe your clinical experience working with seriously mentally ill adult or older adult clients with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders. Include your title, the services you provided, and length of experience in months. Be specific.
5. Describe your professional experience working with adult or older adult clients from culturally diverse backgrounds. Specify any experience working with the Chinese community. Include your title, the services you provided, and length of experience in months. Be specific.
6. Describe your clinical experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team providing clinical services for seriously mentally ill adult or older adult clients. Include your title, how you participated in making treatment decisions, and the team members involved.
Please include the words "Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist-Older Adult Mental Health-Chinese Speaking Preferred" in the subject line of email submission. Please submit the required materials electronically via email to:
Mariana Rocha, Clinical Services Manager I, BHRS
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply immediately. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs.
The County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Pay: $69,201.60 to $97,032/year
Salary : $33.27 - $46.65 Hourly $2,661.60 - $3,732.00 Biweekly $5,766.80 - $8,086.00 Monthly $69,201.60 - $97,032.00 Annually
Job Reference #: 2084967