Staff Physician - Primary Care - Coastside Clinic - San Mateo Medical Center (Open)
Excellent opportunity for a physician seeking to impact the health of underserved communities. Located in picturesque Half Moon Bay, Coastside Health Center offers excellent team based care in a location that offers adult and pediatric care with co-located mental health clinicians, and pharmacist, social worker and registered nursing support. Teams are dedicated to improving preventive and chronic disease outcomes; salary is competitive and there is a strong commitment to support provider and staff development. An ideal candidate is interested in joining an innovative, energetic, dedicated team deeply connected with its community.
The Coastside Clinic is located in the quaint coastal town of Half Moon Bay, about 30 miles South of San Francisco. The Coastside Clinic is one of San Mateo Medical Center's outpatient clinics, providing comprehensive services including primary medical care, pediatrics, family medicine, women's health, onsite pharmacy, dentistry, social work and behavioral health support. The clinic has patient centered teams that are also focused on daily improvement work to create smoother workflows. There is also strong nursing and care team support. The Coastside Clinic has a deep community connection, providing care to a diverse patient population, including farm workers and other seasonal workers who may have limited access to care.
About San Mateo Medical Center
The San Mateo Medical Center (SMMC), located in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a public hospital and clinic system operating outpatient clinics throughout San Mateo County, and an acute-care hospital in San Mateo. SMMC is part of the County of San Mateo Health System. The San Mateo Medical Center is committed to providing quality medical care to meet the health needs of our diverse patient community. Our commitment is to provide quality care with a compassionate touch and we strive to help you maintain a balance between work and family. SMMC has been providing healthcare to our community and surrounding service area since 1930. It is committed to developing leadership across the organization and creating a culture of continuous process improvement using lean management and process improvement philosophy.
Excellent Benefit Package
* Health benefits include family coverage options, health, eye and dental insurance, basic disability, and medical malpractice coverage.
* Retirement plans and health benefits for retirees.
* Wellness program, including exercise classes, worksite massage, and an onsite gym.
* Additional 5% increase in salary for each qualifying board certification up to two (2) Boards.
* CME funds ($2500/year) for license/books and other supplies.
* Some NHSC loan repayment support available.
* Pro-rated 130 hours/full FTE of additional hours that can be used as leave or be cashed out at 50% each spring.
* 15% administrative time.
* Protected quality improvement project time.
- Examples Of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct medical and/or physical examinations and make diagnoses.
- Prescribe appropriate treatment plans and prescribe therapy or rehabilitation programs.
- Provide appropriate therapy to patients.
- Coordinate the work of consulting medical specialists.
- Act as physician member of a multi-disciplinary team for clinical work or program development.
- Train and supervise interns and residents.
- Provide clinical supervision to licensed and professional staff.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of activities.
- Consult and work with other medical and/or mental health professionals in the community when necessary.
- Confer with patients' relatives regarding illness and treatment.
- Maintain records of diagnosis, treatment and prognosis according to Joint Commission of Accredited Hospitals Organization standards and other regulatory agencies; including documenting in Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Develop comprehensive case histories.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- License to practice medicine or osteopathy in the State of California.
- Board certification or Board eligibility in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, or a related area is highly desirable.
- Current developments, trends and research in the medical field.
- Basic understanding of clinical supervisory principles and practices.
- Pharmacology and psychopharmacology including laws regarding informed consent, dosage ranges, drug incompatibilities, and side effects.
- Proper documentation of clinical services.
- Principles, practices, and techniques of general medicine and its application.
- Medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Hospitals and Clinics organization.
- Knowledge of communicable disease control.
- Knowledge of public health practices and procedures.
- Diagnose and treat patients.
- Develop and monitor appropriate treatment plans.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families, staff and others.
- Learn and apply laws, statutes, codes and regulations governing California health service providers, and JCAHO and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain medical records and prepare reports.
- Serve on interdisciplinary teams.
- Clinically supervise licensed and professional staff.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Completion of a residency training program approved by the American Medical Association, or two years of clinical experience post internship in an appropriate medical specialty.
Anyone may apply. A supplemental application form must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form. The examination will consist of a panel interview (weight: 100%). This is a continuous recruitment which may close at any time. The final filing date will be posted 5 days in advance in the San Mateo County Human Resources Department.
Depending on the number of applicants, an application appraisal of education and experience may be used in place of other examinations or a screening committee may select those applicants whose education and/or experience appear to best meet the needs of the position. As a result, not all applicants are guaranteed advancement through the selection process. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time and place of the interviews. All interviews will take place in San Mateo County, California and applicants must participate at their own expense.
IMPORTANT: Applications for this position will only be accepted online. If you are currently on the County's website, you may click the 'Apply' button above. If you are not on the County's website, please go to http://jobs.smcgov.org to apply.
Apply immediately. This recruitment is open on a "continuous" basis and selections may be made at any time within the process.
At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Analyst: Kristin Herman (080618) (Staff Physician - F124)